Saturday 16 February 2008

What I'm reading at the moment

Image of the book cover
Bad Medicine
by David Wootton

"The history of medicine begins with Hippocrates in the fifth century BC. Yet until the invention of antibiotics in the 1940s doctors, in general, did their patients more harm than good."
Dad lent me this book, and it's looking good so far. It's more academic than I was expecting, so I was much too tired to read it much last night when I threw in the towel on the Codebreakers book. There were a couple of interesting human stories, but most of it was incredibly technical, either about German troop movements or the minutae of cryptanalysis or the different kinds of transmission methods.

2 comments:

aims said...

I hate not finishing a book - makes me feel so guilty..

Anonymous said...

Sounds very intersting - I will add it to every-growing-list . . . all the things I want to sit down and do when the children are a bit older and can entertain themselves for more than 5 minutes!

So sorry it has taken me so long to stop over and comment! I am enjoying perusing your archives and will be back!