Wednesday 30 January 2008

My blogging addiction

Computer room on campusThis is getting serious; I'm neglecting schoolwork because I've now subscribed to thirty-two blogs. Five foodie sites, one from Audible the audiobook people, a couple of 'professional' ones about food and dietetics, and twenty-four individual people's musings.

Luckily, some are more prolific than others. Quite a few hardly post more than once a month, but many have something to say at least once every day, and sometimes two or three times. With Google Reader to show me who's offering something new, it's hard to resist taking a peek when I should really be thinking about doing the assessment on the use of Access databases that is due next week.

What's frustrating me now is deciding whether to stick with the same set of blogs that I'm reading at the moment, or to seek out others, which would mean unsubscribing from some of my existing ones, because I can't take any more on without sacrificing my university career.

Speaking of my university career, I've been asked to write a 400-word piece for a Biosciences newsletter that is sent to all applicants in March, to convince them to come to study at Nottingham. I even get paid - but the deadline is tight. Another reason I shouldn't be spending time reading (or writing) blogs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on earning some cash whilst studying!

aims said...

And here you are writing about it on a blog! Girl - procrastination - it's powerful!

Get your studying done..use us as your treat for it all!

And me last - I'm long-winded!!

Uncle Dick Madeley said...

There's a simple solution to this. Abandon them all except for mine. I'll report on anything the other blogs say that I think you'd be interested in... Honest I will.