Sunday 20 January 2008

An enjoyable excursion

I thought I would get a lot done once the exams were over and I had a few days of freedom, but when it came to it I didn't do very much at all. During the day I revelled in catching up with bloggy, podcasty and computery things, and in the evenings I played badminton, returned to the pub quiz (only 7th, mainly due to a poor choice of joker round), and went out to dinner with Mr A to celebrate the end of exams (not that we really need an excuse). I also attempted the Truly Magnificent Chicken Curry, but mine only came out OK.

I've spent the last few days doing Good Deeds. Good Deed #1 was donating blood. Cleaning the kitchen and the hall floor might not count towards the official tally of Good Deeds, but it felt good afterwards. Then off to London to visit mum and dad, and to perform a wide variety of Good Deeds, mostly computer-related. I visited each computer in turn, and both received an installation of AVG anti-virus software to replace Norton, and Mozilla Firefox browser to complement IE. We went through mum's list of queries, and dad now has a blog of his own. When he asked Lola II why she doesn't join the exalted ranks of the blogorati, she quite rightly said, "I have a life."

On Saturday I hit Lola II with AVG and Firefox, and marvelled anew at how incredibly slow her PC and broadband connection are. It's lucky she has a fast-paced life that makes up for it. Our supper trayAs usual we ate a load of Japanese food, then she bought me a nice massage, I 'helped' her with the washing up, we watched a couple of episodes of 'Sex and the City', and then the film 'Armageddon'. For supper, we had another feast: peas, M&S lemon cheesecake, a glass of wine and a mug of Redbush tea. We really know how to have a good time. Really.

Now I'm back home, vaguely contemplating the jobs I didn't get round to, but actually returning to the computer instead, to blog and to read blogs. I'm looking forward to going back to school tomorrow, starting with the relatively uninteresting new topic of 'Data Transfer, Analysis and Presentation' and more Biochemistry, before getting into Food Safety, Nutrition, Physiology, and Food and Catering towards the end of the week. It will be nice to see my fellow student friends again, too.

No comments: