Thursday 15 September 2011

Job applications

Pickles and olives on a stall at the food festival
I am aware that my postings continue along the theme of "What I Did While I Was Looking For A Job", and that this isn't particularly intellectually captivating. As soon as I get a job, I'm certain that there will be more stimulating posts along the lines of "What I'm Allowed To Say About Dietetics Without Breaching Patient Confidentiality". In the meantime, I'm doing a lot of reading.

I have put in five more job applications this week, and I live in hope that the vacancy lottery eventually results in another interview. I haven't had an interview for two months, but I will be meeting a retired manager of a dietetic service next week, who I hope will give me some idea whether I could do anything differently.

I have been working on my teaching session, which also takes place next week. I alternate between being thoroughly nervous and supremely confident about it. My (ex-)tutor obviously believes that I will be fine, otherwise she wouldn't have asked me to do it, and what's the worst that can happen? But she will be there, observing, and let it never be said that I ever was content to do less than the best job that can be done. So no pressure there, then.

I have a couple of dietetic subjects that I would actually like to research and write about - probiotics, and the evidence behind recommending breakfast - one because it affects a friend and the other because it affects me. But I have also talked to Mr A about doing some DIY, and he is most encouraging, and even fetched some sandpaper for me. All the other minor jobs on the list have been crossed off, but somehow I am still procrastinating.

No comments: