Wednesday 7 January 2009

Lola II's Lockjaw Update

Hello, Lola II here.

I've got some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that it's unlikely that I am going to develop lockjaw (from my serious injury on holiday, sustained when some barbed wire callously attacked me when I wasn't looking - see Lola I's previous posting).

The bad news is that it's unlikely that I am going to develop lockjaw. Apologies to my family. You'll have to come up with something else to lessen my enthusiasm for communication.

This morning I went to my doctor to talk Tetanus. The nice smiley man took a good look at my immensely serious and life-threatening, though now surprisingly hardly visible, hand injury, and we talked inoculations.

Due to responsible parenting and superb documentation by those same parents (and some tidy recording of my own), I can tell you that I have had a total of five Tetanus shots over the years. It seems that Lockjaw is not scheduled to happen in my lifetime. I'll have to look for some other challenge in 2009.

The doctor man was very nice and laughed at all my jokes. While we were at it he took my blood pressure, but seemed understandably confused when I pointed out that it was very unlikely I was going to be able to roll my sleeve up sufficiently. I had to explain that I was wearing several layers of clothing, including two thermal vests (though as Paris fashion dictates, one with sleeves, one without). We both struggled for a moment but he very soon saw sense and gave up. You can never wear too many thermal vests, that's my motto. Although I'm considering changing my motto in the summer, we'll see how it goes.

Just before my departure I showed MrMedicalMan all the fruit I was taking to work. He seemed VERY impressed. I thought that maybe I'd get some patient points for healthy eating. Instead I think he probably got some patience points...

No comments: