Thursday 6 March 2008

What I'm reading at the moment

Image of the book cover
Dissolution
by C.J. Sansom

"Under the order of Thomas Cromwell, a team of commissioners is sent through the country to investigate the monasteries. There can only be one outcome: the monasteries are to be dissolved. But on the Sussex coast, at the monastery of Scarnsea, events have spiralled out of control. Cromwell's Commissioner Robin Singleton, has been found dead, his head severed from his body."
Another Christmas present - I'm not getting through them very fast - but this is one I chose myself. Reminds me of The Name of the Rose so far, but nowhere near as heavy going.


Image of the book cover
The Golden Bowl
by Henry James

narrated by Flo Gibson
"The lives and relationships of Maggie Verver and her widowed American millionaire father, Adam, are changed and challenged by the beautiful and charming Charlotte Stant, who is the former lover of Maggie's husband, the impoverished Italian, Prince Amerigo."
I've enjoyed reading Henry James in the past, so I hope it comes over well on audio. This is his last completed book, I am told, published in 1904.

No comments: