Wednesday 25 November 2009

I've been working

What can I say - I've been working. Not working all of the time, that's impossible, but quite a lot. No time for taking photos, even if the weather were clement, which it definitely isn't. And I can't be bothered to scour the archives for something suitable today.

The Ethics presentation is coming along quite well, and I've started 'Mrs Sparrow 2 (The Revenge)' as well. I've even had a go at Epidemiology, which is all about reading the Methods section of some academic research papers and then answering questions like 'What sort of study is this?', and 'What are potential confounding factors?' I like this coursework best of the three, it's logical, and by the end of it I will feel that I have learned something useful. I'm learning useful things with Mrs Sparrow too, but I don't find it as easy.

Placement allocations have come through, and I will be spending 12 weeks over the summer commuting to Northampton, which is the nearest placement to my home. To be honest, it's a bit scary to imagine taking on the responsibilities of a real dietitian, plus the fact that full time work plus homework seems almost impossible to conceive. I'm sure it will be fine, after all, it was only two and a half years ago that I was working full time. Seems like much longer.

No further progress on the house, except I need to fill in the insurance claim form, and we are waiting for Alf to let us know when he might be able to fit us in and finish the bathroom. The hole in the living room ceiling deposits a light scattering of debris on the floor every now and then, but we just sweep it up.

1 comment:

aims said...

You are going to do just fine as a dietitian. You are so incredibly smart - never doubt it.

Am working on one of my bathrooms too. It's weird going in for a pee without a door in place. I feel nekid! Fortunately it is 'our' bathroom - on the top floor by the master bedroom and only we use it. But if you turn on the lights the neighbours could possibly look up and see me up there all nekid and everything and have a heart attack!

Have been painting for days and days now. The smell is everywhere as some of it is oil-based and it takes forever to dry in the winter months. Just too cool I guess. And - it always needs 2 coats - at least. Sigh.