Tuesday 11 August 2009

Lola syndrome

I haven't looked at my blog stats for ages, although I get a weekly mailing that tells me my numbers are down, from fifteen unique visitors a day six months ago to about ten unique visitors a day now. Except on 2 August, when forty people visited in one day - but I can't work out where they came from, other than somewhere on blogger.com. The numbers were back down again the next day, so perhaps they didn't get what they were after.

The keywords are always fascinating. Google and Statcounter disagree about the detail, but the consensus is that, apart from "lola life" and "newlolablog", people who found my blog have been looking for:
I'm so glad Dennis is still there in the top 10.

Interestingly, we have two new popular entries - well, actually, they're not that interesting, it's the keywords "latest keywords" and "this week ive". Oh well.

Worthy of note in the rest of the pack are:
  • "teacher gunged july 2009"
  • "man dressed as a tap"
  • "ive been working with someone with swine flu"
and last but not least:
  • "lola syndrome" and
  • "syndrome de lola"
I knew we had a syndrome. It's probably something to do with talking nonsense, playing ludicrous yet addictive games, and having a number of catchphrases that make us fall about laughing but are meaningless to anyone else. Here are a few:
  • "I hope my feet don't fall off"
  • "Why do they want to talk to me?"
  • "They're your friends, you look after them... but there's cottage cheese in the fridge"
  • "Do you want the short version or the long version?"
  • "So we'll do that then."

No comments: