Monday 24 September 2007

Parents' weekend

There's been a lot going on over the weekend - Mr A's parents arrived in Leamington on Friday. They mostly entertained themselves, but we had a great dinner together at Eleven, one of my favourite restaurants in the town.

Lunch on Sunday was the big affair - we hosted the elder Cadneys, elder Loebls, and The Boy and his girlfriend, so that the parents could meet each other for the first time. I'd planned the food so there was nothing to do on the day, which helped me deal with the whole thing. The guests contributed too - The Boy and girlfriend both had a go on the trampoline, and Mr A's dad wanted to see how the remote controlled helicopter performed, so we went to the park. My parents brought cake and strudel. We took photographs.

It went off very well indeed, but I'm so glad it's over.

No comments: