Monday 6 February 2012

The end of the beginning


Today is when I start my first job as a fully fledged qualified Registered Dietitian.

I started this blog nearly five years ago, when I left my last proper job, mainly to satisfy my enjoyment of writing. I also thought that there might be interesting things to report about academia and the undergraduate study of dietetics. I had no idea how long it would last, and whether I would continue to enjoy writing, or how much it would be appreciated by those people who matter to me.

Along the way I have been surprised when people have told me that they read and enjoy what I write, and some have contributed with comments and even guest posts, all of which have been most welcome. I attracted a few followers, many of whom I suspect have long since ceased to visit, but are very welcome when they do. I used to spend much more time visiting and commenting on other people's blogs, but so many have fallen by the wayside, and I've been sticking to the ones whose writing I enjoy most, and commenting much less. Another reason why my readership will have dropped off!

You may have noticed the recent re-branding of this blog as Student Lola Life. I plan to continue writing, but in my new blog, http://dietitianlola.blogspot.com/. The style will be the same, and much of the content too, and I plan to include dietetics, but I will have to be extra careful about confidentiality as I don't want to give employer or patients any hint of grounds for complaint. Having said that, I expect there will be something about what I am taught in my induction, what my new workplace is like, and what my job contains. If I have a view on an interesting or controversial dietetic topic, I'm sure I'll be able to write about it. Beyond that, we'll see.

Thank you to everyone who's been reading, and you're all welcome to follow me in my continuing Lola Life.

4 comments:

aims said...

You know I will be there as much as I can be Lola!

Congrats on the full time job as a Registered Dietician. Did I ever doubt you would make it? Absolutely never! Even with all that badminton thrown in - wink wink.

I'm so proud of you. Truly. You set your mind to it and you did it with flying colours. So well done my dear friend.

I sure hope you don't have a patient like me. That being said, you would probably enjoy the challenge!

I'm sure you will go through your working days with your usual grace and style and your patients will appreciate what you will be able to do for them.

Thinking of you~~~ (and your wonderful family for bringing a smile to my face Lola).

Eleanor@Eatinglikeahorse said...

Congratulations! Only just found your blog but I'm coming to the new one, it sounds really interesting :-)

Marjolein said...

I'll definitely check out your new blog too! And good luck with all the new things you will find on your way.

Lola said...

My family is wonderful, isn't it? Thanks for visiting, and I look forward to your comments on the new Lola Life.