Saturday 7 February 2009

Exam results come round again

On Thursday, the day when I took these pictures, the Nottingham Uni inter-site shuttle bus service was suspended, the campus library closed at 1 p.m. and at least one of my lectures was cancelled. I'm very glad I decided not to go in . 

Garden table with 4 inches of snow

By Friday morning the snow had pretty much disappeared, and there was no new snowfall, despite the forecast. So I went in to school on Friday, not only for the lectures but because that was the day that we could collect our exam results from Personal Tutors. I've done well again - all five of my module marks are Firsts.

View of the snowy pub garden through the ironwork gates
I talked to my tutor about working on research over the summer, about options for our final year projects, and about PhD research opportunities. Still some time to go before these things get decided, but it was interesting to hear what possibilities there are. Then I treated myself to an evening off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lola on your results! Phd eh! I am not suprised...Dr Lola it has a nice ring to it!

Anonymous said...

Well done! Your studies might take a lot of work, but if it gets you such good results, the hard work is worth it.